Saturday, April 27, 2013

See what having a good time gets you... April CKC

I have another layout from my April Spring Fever CKC. I have loved this kit and have used up so much of the paper. I have used up all the cardstock and have had to add the base piece for this layout. I've still got some hopes that I may completely kill this kit before the 30th!
 
Today's layout was inspired by the Sketch-y Friday week 3 sketch from Shopscrapmuch. If you've never seen their sketches stop by and have a look, they are fabulous!!
 
I never would have thought all of these paper and embellishments could be worked together. If it hadn't been for the inspiration kit this month over at the CKC blog I would never try mixing these colors together.

I had to cut the journal spot apart and then put it back together to make it fit the space I put it.

My journaling kind of blinds in to the background and I'm ok with that.

Love those little cut apart tags.

There is just something about mixing alphas to create a title that I just love! Can't explain it, I'm just drawn to it more that a single alpha title.
 
 
Supplies used:
BG journal paper & hang 10 blue alpha (add-on); Bazzill white cardstock; MME lime twist chevron paper & lush black alpha; Heidie Grace Designs moonlight meadow paper; Scenic Route garden grove paper; First Edition tags; CTMH stamp C1553 Chantilly Scrapbooking Workshop, rosette ribbon (add-on), kraft cardstock (add-on) & inks in blush, buttercup, heavenly blue, sweet leaf, garden green, juniper; Scribbles true coral; Liquid Pearls peacock & buttercup; Jenni Bowlin journal spot; Elle's Studio snippets; Stampcraft alpha stamps; Melissa Frances resin flower; Cosmo Cricket pink oak alpha; Simple Stories destinations alphas (add-on); RUM orange, blue & brown buttons.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!


6 comments:

glorygirl said...

All the patterns work really well with your title work! I also love the layered tags!

Sue Althouse said...

Great page, I love all your layering and fun details!

Angela Coles said...

so sweet.

I really like how you used the tags, I may try that soon.

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

This is a great layout. All of the layers work so well together and I love the tags as well. But my favorite is that rosette border!

Laura said...

wow this is incredible, love the super long title and your mix of elements! thanks for linking up with us at ScrapMuch?!

Eileen said...

Just adorable! I love how you did the title and I think the photos and journalling are so great! So glad to have you playing along with us at ScrapMuch?!!!