Thursday, May 23, 2013

Color My Heart: Color Dare #43

I kept waiting for the sun to come out today to get some pictures but it didn't...at least while I was at home. I just came back in to overcast sky's and knew if I didn't get this photographed it wouldn't make it in time for this weeks challenge over at Color My Heart blog for Color Dare #43. The challenge was to use CTMH colors denim blue, cranberry and honey and this is what I came up with.
 
I used a sketch from page maps January 2013, I did modify it a little and added the journaling strips.
 
The arrows are actually photo corners that are cut down to make arrows., I stamped the doily images and added a bit of bling and pearls.

A sticker tab was just the right location to add another veneer bird.

Another cluster of doilies and more cut down photo tabs.

I colored the journaling blue to match the layout.

I finally added a few wood veneer arrows here.
 
Supplies Used:
Pattern Paper: CTMH
Cardstock: CTMH
Inks: CTMH denim blue, cranberry, honey
Stamps: D1472 Simple Memories
Embellishments: Want2Scrap, CTMH, Studio Calico, RUM
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

5 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

There are so many really nice things about this layout--journaling strips, medallion, colors, stitching, birds, remember today....
I like how they all work together to produce a very attractive layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare this week!
We appreciate your participation and support!
:) Marie

Patricia said...

Great job! I really like that doily print!

Becca Whitham said...

Wow! I love this layout!! You added so many wonderful touches without letting any of them overpower the whole. Thanks for the close ups. I think I would have missed some of those great details otherwise. So glad you decided to join us at Color My Heart this week. We hope you will come back with more great inspiration!!

Kigz said...

I am entirely blown away right now! What a gorgeous layout! You have no idea how badly I want to have that stamp set now! ;) Your layouts seem to have that effect on me...totally inspired and wishing I could sew! Thanks so much for playing along again this week, Julia!

sarahstone said...

I never knew that doily stamp set could look so beautiful. You are very creative. The story about the bird and your dog is hilarious! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

Sarah