Thursday, May 23, 2013

Garner--March CKC

This layout is of my Auntie Garner, my mom has bringing her out on vacation for the last several years. Last year's visit came in October and she was here for Zoë's and Shani's birthdays. This photo was taken at Zoë's house in Tucumcari, NM.
 
I was inspired by the April sketch at the Purple Pumpkin Blog. I had printed the sketch out at the first of April but just never found the time to complete it. So using my March Corner Stop & Shop kit I finally manged to get it done. Of course I am still using that kit, it was ginormous!!!! This is actually layout #11 from that kit, that doesn't count the PL pages I've made either!

I used the clear with flowers scalloped page over a sheet of cardstock, I attached the glue behind the paper and photo and then placed some brads around to anchor it down..
 
these extra large pinwheels were in a kit I won last year, they had foam tape between all the layers which I carefully peeled apart and replaced with glue dots for less dimension.

Love that this font totally matched the layout!
 
Love that other than the 2 background papers the rest are all scraps.
 
Supplies Used:
Pattern Paper: EP, CTMH, KI Memories
Cardstock: CTMH
Embellishments: AC, Paper Studio, RUM
Alphas: AC Thickers

6 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful! I love the pinwheels. I just used some on a layout too. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the pinwheels- super layotu

Madeline said...

Those pinwheels are adorable! Pretty page!

LauraB whosthischick said...

Love the flowers and pinwheels. So pretty

glorygirl said...

What a sweet layout!!! I love how you've layered those pinwheels - really makes them stand out!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

I absolutely love those pinwheels! So cute!