Thursday, May 9, 2013

Retreat

 
I went to the Wooden Spoke Ranch just outside of Snyder, Texas for a scrapbooking retreat last weekend. It's only an hour outside of Lubbock but man oh man was it ever rural.
 
 
They did not have WiFi and the cell phone service was sketchy at best. I managed to keep in touch with my husband via text message which seemed to work just fine.
 
 I had a wonderful weekend with 10 other women and truly enjoyed myself!
 
 
Of course it doesn't take much to make me happy...scrappy supplies and time to use them are high on my list!
 
When we first arrived I set up on 2 of the dining room tables and actually had a chair, of course it didn't take long for the chair to get pushed back to the wall with me standing up and bent over the tables.
 
 
I guess the ladies felt pretty sorry for me and knew my back would be killing me by the end of the weekend so my friend Wendy asked the owner of the retreat if we could use her sewing/cutting table for my retreat table, she was a doll and agreed!
 
 
So then I had my stand up table and I was the happiest scrapper there...well in my mind anyway!
 
 
I did complete quite a few projects while I was there....
 
 
4 traditional scrapbook pages
4 PL scrapbook pages
40 8x8 unfinished pages (2 Christmas albums)
2 birthday cards
5 Christmas cards
 
It feels so good to have those Christmas albums completed, all I will need to do is add pictures at Christmas time. Now I just need to get to work on the calendars that I will be giving as gifts...
 
I will be posting my completed work over the next several days so if you are interested in seeing it don't forget to stop by....
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!
 
 
 

No comments: