Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sunset--April CKC

It's official, this is the last layout from my April Spring Fever CKC kit! I had to add the background cardstock to make it though and used most of the bigger pieces of pattern paper to complete this layout. I also cut the title from a sheet of metallic paper.
I was going to enter this for the Chic Tags Challenge Sunday due on 5/11 but as you can see, I'm a little late for that. I am entering it in the Artful Delight/Delightful Inspiration monthly sketch challenge#32.

The Chic Tags Challenge was to mist on your layout and I did, the whole background paper was originally white.

These are little doo dads from the chipboard letter stickers.

I've already used a piece of that flower border on another page so what I had left I chopped and used here as well. I also chopped the journal card to leave the sentiment that was on it out.

The title was cut with my Quickutz Lifestyle Blossom grand dies

Love how the misting came out on this layout.

You can see a little of the sparkle from the mist here but the photo below really shows it off!


Supplies Used:
Pattern Paper: SEI, MME, Scenic Route, Bo Bunny, Heidi Grace Designs
Cardstock: Bazzill, Color bok
Stickers: Bo Bunny, MME, RUM, Cosmo Cricket & RUM
Embellishments: Melissa Frances, Recollections
Washi: Target & Recollections
Mist: Glimmermist & Heidi Swapp
Dies: Lifestyles


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

12 comments:

Julie J said...

Brilliant misting.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so beautiful...love the gorgeous photo with the touches of gold.

Patricia said...

Great page! I like how you chose to mist and use your paper scraps!

artfuldelight said...

Beautiful LO! Love all the washi tape and misting. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

Margie H said...

Great misting and the different pattern strips :) Love that you used up your kit. Beautiful page!

Jimjams said...

Great idea to do the title in gold - love the layers & strips of washi an paper too.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work! Love the gold title!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! I love the strips of paper and washi and the gold letters are a great touch! So glad you could join us at Artful Delight this month!

Debbie said...

Love the misting and strips of pattern paper! Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight!

Lisa said...

those gold letters really stand out against that lovely misted background. A great layout to use up leftovers!

Kerys said...

Beautiful photo and loving the misting! I love the mix of washi tape and paper border strips too! Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight this month :-)

glorygirl said...

VERY eye-catching page!!! I LOOOOOVE how the strips behind your photo mimic the strips of color in the photo. Very lovely effect and the gold letters are such a perfect touch!