Sunday, May 26, 2013

This is My Happy Place--August 2012 CKC

I was inspired to create this layout by a sketch from Sketch Inspiration, it's also made using my August 2012 CKC kit.
 
For those that keep coming back to see my August 2012 layouts, thank you for having patience with me!! LoL!! I still can't believe I forgot to post all of the layouts I created with that kit!
 

Snuck in a little piece of ribbon, I don't tend to use it as often as I used to, I guess that's just the current scrapbooking trend and it's away from ribbon at the moment.

Same with brads, they used to be my go-to item and I have gotten away from using them as much but with the August CKC kit I pulled out bunches of little packs from my color bins in hopes of using them all up. I randomly placed the brads into flower centers down the left side of the page. I even used a little pearl paint.

I bought several packages with really cute embellishments and they included these arrow brads, I've decided that I won't buy any more since they feel too bulky to me.

Snuck in a little stamping.

I used rub-on letters that have been in my stash for a little while, guess where they went after I finished this layout....into the trash! I think I have just come to the realization that I don't care for rub-ons too much! They are difficult, at best!

I piled on the embellishments to this little tag to balance out the poofy brads on the opposite side of the layout.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

5 comments:

Margie H said...

Fun page - love the great colors. I hear you on the ribbons, brads and rub-ons. Used to use them all the time! LOL!!

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your LO is gorgeous and the title is just perfect x

Rachel Minick said...

Love the enamel dots on this page! So bright and fun!

Tracy said...

Your layout is so fun and colourful.
Doesn't feel good to use some of our stash :)
I told myself I can't buy ribbon anymore as I have never really used it.

glorygirl said...

How awesome that you and your sister can scrap together!!!! And how fitting that you've scrapped that! LOVE IT!