Saturday, May 11, 2013

Traditional Layouts from Retreat

these are the traditional layouts I made at the retreat last weekend. The first 2 are single page layouts, though I used my April Spring Fever CKC kit for each of the layouts so there are some similar paper and elements on both so that they can lay side by side in the album they are going into or they can be separated.
This layout was done for the 4/28 Chic tags-Challenge Sunday, the challenge was to use buttons. I was also inspired by the 4/30 Shopping Our Stash Challenge #99 to use numbers on a project.

This layout was inspired by Paper Secrets 5/1 Sketch with a Twist challenge to use a Polaroid on a layout. I used one but I had to cut it down some to accommodate the sketch.

this layout was inspired by the Scrap Our Stash #3 Challenge, to use 3 or more patterned papers from at least 3 different collections and rub-ons. I used CTMH, EP Everyday Eclectic and AC Dear Lizzy Neapolitan; down on the left page under the photo on the left are 3 little rub-ons. I used my March Corner Stop & Shop CKC kit to complete this challenge.
 
 
I actually cut down a journal card for the inside of the frame, it already had the flower on it and I added the number 1. I haven't added journaling to this page because I have another page planned with more 1st birthday photos that will have the journaling on it, these are just the messy cake shots! LoL!!
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

17 comments:

Julie J said...

Hope you got some of that cake too. Great photos and colourful LOs

Mirabyll said...

Those layouts are just wonderful, and the photos are too! Banners are so festive, I should use them more often! Thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

Love the way you use color. What happy girls!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! So hard to pick a favorite here! I loved not only the colors and patterns you used, but photo's were so sweet! Wonderful job at conveying a youthful, energetic feel with these layouts!

Kelly said...

Such a pretty layout!! Loving the choice of papers and the stamping on the polaroid is so fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

Rochelle Spears said...

love the stamping on the polaroid! Thanks for playing along with Paper Secrets! :)

Jimjams said...

Beautiful, beautiful pages - love the DLO with your baby's cake eating!

Brenda Ragsdale said...

Very nice layouts! Great take on the Paper Secrets sketch. Wonderful 2 page layout and use of your patterned paper stash! Thank you for playing along at Paper Secrets and Scrap Our Stash!

Kelly said...

Oh what a super sweet double page layout!! Love the patterned papers you used and the sweet little rubons! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!! :)

scrappinsmiles said...

Such a cute girl! Love all your pattern paper choices. Love your layout!

Wendy K. said...

The colors of your birthday girl layout work so well with your photos and the embellishments tie into your page nicely, it's Awesome! Thanks for playing with SOS!

Jan said...

Let me start off by saying, I love your work! I struggle with 2 page spreads but you make it look easy! Thank you for participating in our patterned paper challenge over at Scrap Our Stash!

glorygirl said...

WOW!!! Loooove these pages! The first one is so eye catching. Loving how the photos just pop off the page. And, the colors are magnificent!

La Vikinga said...

WOW; great pictures to scrap! I like both double-layouts; they are different but colorful and happy. I like what you made with the balloons! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash in May and welcome back soon!

La Vikinga / DT Scrap Our Stash

Tammy said...

There's noting cuter than little babies eating cake, you did a fantastic job scrapping them! Great job using the different patterned papers, thanks for joining us at SOS!

Lindsey Krauss said...

So much fun in this post! Like your style...

Thanks for playing at SOS!
xoxo, Lindsey f

Kelly said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your big win over at Scrap Our Stash for this beautiful layout! :)