Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas Eve (Jan CKC)

I was inspired to make this layout after watching the Create Today segment by Jen Gallacher for Scrapbook & Cards Today. I love Jen's style, so clean!!

I used my Christmas Delight Jan CKC kit to make this layout, it's layout #4 so far.. The inspiration kit called for quite a bit of blue and grey in the kit and I'm not really a blue and grey Christmas scrapper. I tend to primarily scrap with red, green and gold for Christmas. I really tried one year to break this pattern, but I just wasn't happy with the layouts I created that year. Since this was a Christmas Eve layout and not too Christmas themed I thought I could break the color trend for it.
I really like how this layout turned out, I wish I had better photos of our marshmallow roast, but what's a girl to do? I didn't add anything to the kit for this layout.

I really love those wood veneer snowflakes! I stamped the sentiment and date with CTMH Crystal Blue ink.

I layered a sticker, journal spots and a little baggie here.

Journaling is tucked into the bag.

Jen used twine to wrap around the paper, but I figured I might as well try and use a little more of the white glitter ribbon here.

I layered a sticker and chipboard here.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

3 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

this is such a cute layout and perfect for Christmas Eve of roasting marshmallows :)

Lesley G said...

Beautiful :)

cinmfoster said...

Really cute layout, I really like the wooden snowflakes also.