Friday, January 3, 2014

It's been a long 7 months...

It's been a very long and difficult 7 months. My brothers death has not been easy for me, of course death is never easy on anyone who is left behind, is it? I've cried so may tears over the last 7 months but I don't want you to think I've done nothing but cry because I haven't! I've smiled, I've laughed, I've held my husband tight and hugged each of my children and grandchildren so tight I thought I might fall right through their skin! It hits me at random times, you know when I'm putting on my makeup in the morning and have to look in the mirror and see his eyes reflected back, when I look up at the sky and see the perfect shade of blue that was my brothers eyes, just random times in life when I think I've just about run out of tears. God has been soo good to my family, my mother, sister, grandfather, my children and nieces and nephews are all healing, God has eased our pain through the months. Of course I'm sure the pain will always be there every time I think of him, or see a picture of him, or see my mother staring off into the distance. For me that pain is a simple reminder that I loved my brother unconditionally, though time will pass and that pain may ease to some degree I will always feel it because it represents love.

So beginning this month I am going to start scrapbooking and blogging again. I'm sure it won't be as often as I would like only because I am still in grad school and working full time and doing clinical rotations full time. Just bear with me friends, don't give up on me, say a little prayer for me from time to time that God will continue to strengthen and heal me!

I've spent the last several weeks in my scrap room mostly looking around and reorganizing. I have several CKC kits that haven't been used much, but that's a whole other story! LoL!! I just put together my January CKC and hope to have it posted sometime this weekend or the first of next week along with a couple of Christmas cards I just made. That's right, I'm starting to make Christmas cards for this year, it was such a blessing to have 29 done before Christmas 2013. I didn't try to make any more than that, I just supplemented with store bought cards, so little time between semesters has me setting my priorities a little differently these days. Another priority is scrapbooking. I gave up on PL when my brother died, I just couldn't so it any longer. I am planning to start again and stay caught up and maybe catch up a few weeks here and there from last year.

Happy New Years friends, may God's blessings be with you during 2014.......

2 comments:

Becca Whitham said...

May this coming year bring unexpected blessings, Julie. And may crafting be a beautiful way to cherish those you love both in your scrapbook pages and through the cards you make.

Maureen said...

So sorry to hear Julie. I didn't know where you went. Maureen