Saturday, January 4, 2014

January Counterfeit kit

This month over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, there is such a lovely kit to counterfeit! I went a little nutsy with this kit! Not only did I pull paper and embellishments for the main kit but also all the add ons! And I pulled more embellies for the embellishment kit! Needless to say this post is picture heavy because I pulled such a huge kit! I might even add some more as I go, kind of just depends on how much I get done with it. So here it is my Christmas Delight January CKC kit.

 So here is my huge kit! Disregard the stuff in the chair that's an older kit that I'm still working out of!
 
The bulk of the paper is EP but there is some Paper Studio, Basic Grey, MME, a couple of random pieces that I have no idea where they came from, like the snowflake vellum.
 
I added tons of stamps to this kit for winter and Christmas.
 
I've recently bought a couple of Stampin Up stamp sets and added those into the mix as well.

I haven't used one of these stamp sets, but that is going to change when I start using this kit!

I was having a hard time finding any light tone wood grain paper in my stash, I think I've used most of it up, but I did find this piece that reminds me of hardwood floor that I plan to cut some numbers from, the font is Quickutz/Lifestyle Abigail.

Again no gold glitter alpha in my stash so I pulled my Quickutz/Lifestyle Chocolate font.

And I certainly didn't have a grey alpha in my sticker stash so out came the Quickutz/Lifestyle Reuse font.

Plenty of white thickers, plus I did find a very light tan font that reminds me of grey, so out it came, and finally that Jenny Bolin alpha reminded me of the black/white thicker set, so into the mix it went.

Yes those are tin pins from last years JCP Christmas campaign, along with some very old brads and some not so old brads from EP.

The bags are new, from CTMH and Recollections, all the other stuff is pretty old, do you remember those odd square acrylic frames, and the smaller ones with paper tags behind them....hopefully I will find a use for them.

I added in some zing gold and CTMH white embossing powders, some old snowflake punches, some new gold/silver foamy stars, my old Christmas glitter and some new SC wood veneers that I picked up in a black Friday sale.

Both of these are new to me, I picked up the AC stamp on a black Friday sale at Michaels and the Stampin up one is from the Christmas 2013 catalog.

These are a mix of washi and ribbon from CTMH, recollections and target. The white glitter ribbon I threw in because I didn't have any silver glitter tape.
 
Now stickers....I have quite an assortment of stickers from any and every manufacturer under the sun and some that are long out of business. Anyway, I don't toss them at the end of the season, I just throw them into my Christmas stash and hopefully I will use them in the next year or 10!

Same with die cuts, I have quite a large assortment from years past, none of these are new and there's even a home made tag from when I used to swap all the time and that has been from at least 7-8 years ago.
 
Some of the journal spots are new this year since I did buy a Christmas collection PL mini kit, otherwise they are from long ago.

I did buy the box on black Friday I think...could have been later, but as you can see, the whole kit won't fit inside.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

11 comments:

Maureen said...

Hi Julie, I am a blog follower of you. Love your work! Anyway, I don't understand the confetti kits? Are we supposed to put together a kit of things we already have and then use them? Or, do we have to buy a new kit? I'm hoping its old stuff b/c I belonged to BG Kit of the month for 2 years plus I'm a CTMH consultant. Let me know. Thanks and glad you are posting again! Maureen

Julia said...

Hi Maureen, click on the link for CKC blog and there will be a kit there (or a link to one) and then you use your own stash to recreate the kit. It's a wonderful way to use tons of your own supplies! I set up a pinterest board for the January CKC that shows each individual item listed in the kit. Here's the link to that http://www.pinterest.com/juang3/january-2014-counterfeit-kit/ Mind you I incorporated all the add ons along with the original kit and the embellishment kit. I love CKC because they give you prompts all month long to help you use up your kit/stash.

Maureen said...

Julia, thanks so much for explaining this! I totally get it now. The name CKC threw me of because of Creative Keepsakes. This is such a good idea. I have soooo much stuff I could open a store! I'll be pulling stuff together, which won't be hard! Thanks again, Maureen

Tina Campbell said...

wow what a super Christmas kit! I just love the name of your kit and your choices are so cool (I think I pulled at one set of same stamps :) Smart to include your punches (I didn't think of that at all) and the embossing powder-sweet :) have fun with the kit and can't wait to see what you come up with :)

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit. Love the die you are using for the fonts and the tree washi tape absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see your layouts.

petrii said...

Your kit is just lovely and those stamps. Oh those stamps!!

Blessings ~~ dawn

Lesley G said...

A HUGE kit but lovely all the same - think you'll be scrapping with that one for a while - enjoy :)

Jimjams said...

What a great kit - so many lovely stamps and fabulous embellies (tjose SC veneers especially)! Have fun :-D

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love that you are playing along this month! Very creative way to get the alphas you wanted. This is a biggie! Will be looking on Mr. Linky all month for your creations!

Tara O said...

OH MY WORD! I thought I had put out a huge kit. I think yours swamps mine! Lots of fun stuff to play with in your kit. Great paper choices. You're going to have fun this month!!

sassyscrapper said...

Wow! You were right...you didn't hold back. Good for you! That's why we have all of this stuff. Love your assortment of flair and wood veneers.