Monday, January 13, 2014

Merry Christmas Tradition (Jan CKC)

I was inspired to make this layout by the new sketch posted at Creative Scrappers. Can I just say how much I love their sketches?!?! If you haven't already checked it out, head that way!

This is the first layout I made using my Christmas Delight Jan CKC kit. I went to my friend Raela's house to scrap in her new craft studio and had an absolute great time. Initially she looked at the completed layout and said..."WoW, that's busy!" I then gave her the sketch I had brought along and she recreated the layout, though she didn't add quite as many embellishments as I did!

I love, love, love how this layout came out!!!

The little phrase in this one was a piece of branding strip left over from last year.

I did add in those little bits of twine to my kit, I love the gold and cream combination!

I messed up the date more than once and finally had to add a bit of tag over it so that it wouldn't look so bad, I was going to replace the entire sticker but then changed my mind and left it as is!

I layered up scrap paper, a couple of journaling spots, the arrow, the trees and a left over branding strip from last year to complete the title.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

4 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Love your take on the sketch this is so fun

Lesley G said...

Love how you've created the four little areas on your LO :)

cinmfoster said...

What a sweet layout. Love the cream and gold together also.

Tara O said...

I love your LO. The colors are awesome and the LO turned out lovely!