Thursday, February 6, 2014

February CKC--For the Love of Scrapbooking

Ok. So February is a very short month and I have 2 papers to write, one due in a couple of weeks and only partially done, so what's a girl to do? Make the biggest darn kit I can make this month!!! Yeppers...that's what this girl did! My wonderful sister reminded me that we both had a kit from last year's SEI February Kit Club. Untouched mind you! So out came that kit...

 
Of course I had to add in some cardstock...
 
How did I come up with the selections for the cardstock? Well that cute patterned paper there on the front

And of course I don't just have girls to scrapbook so I thought I would add in some other papers from my stash, not that the kit didn't have enough (I only pulled out one paper each from the paper stack that had 2 of each design). I went through several paper stack that I have along with several 4x6 and 6x6 paper stacks.
Once I had all these extra colors and patterns I of course needed to add additional alphabets, so into my alpha collection to pick out tons of alphas, I will admit that not all of these made it into the final cut for the kit, but most of them did!



Ok so the alphas added tons more color! Right?!?!

After discussing all the elements I haven't been adding to my kits in the last months (yes I did make several over the last month and am still using them up) I decided to dive into my metal, wood veneer, bling and chipboard drawers that are right beside my desk and was able to pull out tons from there as well...


 
 Again, I'll remind you that not all of these elements made it into my final kit, I just like to pull tons of selections to see what feels right...I know....It all felt somewhat right!!!

Next my sister and I talked about our color bins. I am a color scrapper, when I look for something to add to a page I typically think of the element by color. So out came the color bins and I have to tell you there was still so much I didn't pull out of those, it's insane how some colors are so easy to love!!!
 
So I didn't pull many gold elements, only because I don't have that many and same with yellow, only a little was pulled from that bin so I added in all the paints and glitter glue and liquid pearls I pulled. Plus some random border strips that live on top of my desk
 
Next came green, disclaimer here...I love green! but I didn't overdo it on the green only because there wasn't much in the original kit to begin with...

On to pink and another disclaimer here...this is my fullest color bin...yeppers pink happens to be my favorite color! Plus I have 2 grand daughters and a 3rd on the way...

Since the original kit had some black/grey elements I thought I had better go through my black/grey bin and add a few bits and pieces from there...
 
Finally how could I go through the month of February without getting into my red bin....
 
Finally there were quite a few transparencies and I pulled tons from my color bins but I noticed I didn't have anything specifically for Valentine's day, so out came the transparencies and some higher quality photo paper, add in an internet search and I ended up with these...
 
So that's it, that's everything (or mostly everything) in my February CKC kit. Because my hubby and I aren't that mushy and don't typically do anything special for Valentine's day I thought I would name my kit something I do get mushy over
 
For the Love of Scrapbooking!
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!
 
 
PS...I don't think I will be discussing my counterfeit kit with my sister next month!
LoLoL!!!

7 comments:

S said...

Oh by golly. You've got a lot of scrapping to do - but what a store of fabulous papers to work with, not to mention all those goodies. Scrap on.

Tina Campbell said...

That is a huge huge kit I wish you luck and can't wait to see what you do with it all

Lisa said...

my head is spinning just looking at the amount of stuff in your kit! How productive are you with a kit this size? How many layouts would you expect to get from this and how long will you have the items together as a kit? Amazing amount of product and really interesting how you approach bringing the stash together from the different parts of your room.

Julia said...

Lisa...When I'm not in grad school I would be really productive and expect to get anywhere between 12-20 layouts done in a month, but being that I am in school I'm not really sure how many I will get. I do have a 2 day scrapbooking crop next week and I am hoping to get lots done then. I may disperse the kit into my stash at the end of the month and I may keep it together for a bit longer if there is still lots of paper remaining when I get done with my 2 day crop next week.

Jimjams said...

That's not a kit ... it's a shop! ;-D
Hope the work doesn't get too much in the way of some creativity - but I'm sure you are raring and ready to scrap!

Annie Claxton said...

Blimey! that has to be the biggest kit I've EVER seen!!! Gorgeous goodies though and I'm sure great things will come of it - love the idea of colour bins btw :o)

Virginia said...

Fabulous kit and super huge, I did a big kit and am now running out boo hoo LOL!