Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 2014 CKC--Happy to be Waiting Together

Here is another layout from my October Splendor of Nature kit.

I started this layout with cutting out a circle from scrap paper and then covering it with lots of strips of paper, they are either cut offs, border strips or from the pieces of paper with border strips on them.

I painted the word Happy in black and sprayed the chipboard bird with Heidi Swapp mist to color it.

Those feathers are ones that I stamped for another layout and then didn't use them, I originally stamped them on white paper and I colored them with CTMH Dutch Blue ink, I even sprayed one with HS ink.

I cut a bigger blue circle to place behind the strip circle.

I also cut a piece of a border strip that was in my kit to make the birds wing.



Thanks for visiting my blog today!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

This is great, I especially like the way you've broken the circle with embellishments. Fab!

sassyscrapper said...

The circle gives the feeling of getting a sneak peek. Such a pretty layout for an important event.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Wow! Homemade paper! Turned out great.