Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 2014 CKC--My Girls

Here is the first layout that I made with my October 2014 CKC--Splendor of Nature.

The 3 in the middle is not how many daughters my son has it is in reference to "just the 3 of them", him and his 2 girls.

I used 2 different fonts for this title and I also used some rub on stitches to go around the layout.

I stamped "The family...in red and in black, I cut the black text out and glued it onto the red background and popped it up with foam adhesive.

I used the chalkboard chipboard embellishments across the page. I also have a bowl of embelllishments from previous kits that I was just too lazy to put away on my desk. From that bowl I pulled the cream ribbon roses and the big black brads.

I added lots of bling to the chipboard. I placed black sequins and then placed red bling on top of those.

I even added in that little brad with all the hearts, although I did break off the prongs from the back and used a glue dot to stick it down.


Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

7 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

You've done a lot of work on this layout and it looks wonderful. A great family layout that you can look back on.

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful layout so much involved with it too, just lovely :)

Susanne said...

What a striking border you've made with those black flowers. Very cool.

LCSmithSAVED said...

I always do that with brads :D
This is really gorgeous!

Laura said...

I love the overall feel of the layout, and those rub on stitches - awesome!

Lisa said...

what a sweet layout and the top photo is wonderful. you did a great job!

Lisa said...

what a sweet layout and the top photo is wonderful. you did a great job!