Friday, November 7, 2014

October 2014 CKC--Unfinished Layouts

Hello Scrappy Friends!!

I finally got to the end of my stack of photos, or at least the ones I planned to scrap anyway but I still had tons and tons left of my October Splendor of Nature CKC kit so I made up some unfinished layouts that will become cheaters once I add photos. I'll share the unfinished layouts here and again when I add photos to them. For now, these layouts will go into my unfinished layout album to wait.
Here are the last 3...

This layout was created using an October 2014 pagemaps sketch. I was saving this piece of paper because it was one of my favorites in the kit that I created. I did add in the 4 x 6 scrap of cardstock as a placeholder for my photo.

I have tons of those little metal page corner holders and I happened to drop one on this banner as I was putting this layout together and loved how it looked so I added the other 2 red ones that were in this kit and I am pretty sure I will be doing this again and again!!! 

I left the carrier sheet on the back of this rub on only because it was lost when I took it off. 

I dropped in some more of those chalkboard chipboard black flowers to balance the darker colors in the layout.

I know it's difficult to see but I added a black floral sticker under this cluster, LoL! I nearly covered the entire thing with the embellishments.

So I had the random letters left over from the one package of pressed petal chipboard letters. I painted them green and edged them with yellow to mimic the letters in the blue/green letter paper and just layered them up with other embellishments. I really love how this came together. I used a sketch #203 from Creative Scrappers to put this layout together.

I'm still not sure about the "hugs" title, that may come off when I add photos, but for now here it is.

I love that I was able to use up those gold, silver and red stars on this layout.

Here's a close up of the letters.

I was even able to use that orange lady bug bling sticker that was in my kit.

I also used the extra paint I had placed on my palatte to border the letter paper.

I was about to finish up my kit and watched a video by Nicole Jones 911 where she made a layout with tons of leftover stuff from one of her kits. I haven't done one of these in a long time so I thought I would give it a go. I love how this turned out!! No sketch was used for this one...just did whatever felt good!

I was able to use several PL cards along with tons of my favorite scrap pieces of paper.

I also finished using up my cork stars/hearts and odd brads on this layout.

I even left myself a small area to journal.


Thanks for visiting my blog today friends!!!

8 comments:

In His Grace, Janine Rachau said...

These are fantastic!! Although they are all grand, I am especially impressed with how well your last one came together! I never considered trying to just pull a bunch of leftovers to create something - you make it look easy.

cinmfoster said...

What great layouts. Love the use do the metal placeholders and the layered photo corners.
Cindy F.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Really love a "kill the kit" page - yours is totally successful!

Julene Matthews said...

Great layout and leftover kit. I must try that some time. Love all your words & letter combos on the layout.

Susanne said...

What fun you've had playing with gems and jewels. Nicely done.

Tina Campbell said...

Well done on the layouts so many fine layers added to each

LCSmithSAVED said...

Congrats on Fab Five!

Lisa said...

Congrats on being highlighted over at the Counterfeit blog! And what a good idea to make some layouts ready to go when the photos turn up! Super use of your kit