Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Is In The Air--Layout #3

I'm still in the Christmas mood this week so I have another Christmas layout to share. I am also still working through the CTMH Pear & Partridge paper pack that I pulled out to use up and I must say that I am nearly to the bottom of the stack of papers here. I will probably have some cardstock left over from it and if that is the case I think I will have to pull out another paper pack to keep going till it all gets used up!
 
I started with a Pagemaps sketch  from May 2009, of course I always start with a sketch...but I don't think the layout looks much like it now.
 
 
 
That large pink and red flower has been in my stash for years. I had a total of 3 that I just could not get used up and I have finally used all 3 this year...whoop whoop for me!!!
 
The mistletoe sprigs embellishment is one that I made this year while studying for a major exam. I was listening to lecture CD's and needed something to do with my hands. 
 
The dark brown embellishment in the upper left and lower right corners are felt embellishments from CTMH. The strip of paper down the right side is a branding strip from one of the CTMH papers.
 
I even used some gold washi tape on this layout. I love that I am using more and more older embellishments. Hopefully I will empty out the tray I have on my desk by the end of December this year!!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

4 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Lovely layout, been working through some of that same paper that was a workshop on the go. Love seeing all the Christmas layouts, got a few to do myself :)Good month to bust through some Christmas papers

cinmfoster said...

Lovely layout,. Love all the layering you do with the embellishments.
Cindy F

Lisa said...

such a great layout and I can definitely see the sketch! So many lovely layers and goodies to discover on here!

Susanne said...

Nice take on the sketch, your embellishments create a nice diagonal flow that the sketch didn't have. Fab!