Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 2015 CKC--I Can Make That

The inspiration kit for the January 2015 CKC had several items that I thought I would try to counterfeit. The first thing I did was cut tons of shapes, words and cards from the silhouette.
Some of the cuts came out of my leftovers drawer. They were cuts that I had done for previous kits and they didn't get used.
 
The first counterfeit were the gold words, I cut out several words on the silhouette with white cardstock and tacked them down to a sheet of paper and spread versa mark over them then heat embossed them.
I tried it out with one word before I tackled the bigger sheet of words.
 
It worked well.
 
The negative spaces when I peeled the words up.

Finally the words.
 
Next were the enamel circle shapes
Again I enlisted my silhouette and cut out several shapes from white cardstock.
 I started by inking up the images.

I had to let them dry.

Then I started adding CTMH liquid glass to them, I never realized that the bottle would need constant pressure. My hand was cramping so horribly after it was all done.

I let them dry and they slightly curled along the edges.

I'm sure I will be able to get them to stick down with glue.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Wow that's fantastic!

In His Grace, Janine Rachau said...

I love the results of your "I can make that"! The liquid glass cuts came out so fun and letters, so pretty. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow you did a fantastic job with forging some of the pieces in your kit :)

cinmfoster said...

Great job on the counterfeits. Love the happy faces.
Cindy F.

Susanne said...

Wow, those look great. The faux enamels are just darling - and you could always use more liquid glass to stick them down real tight to the page.