Monday, June 13, 2016

Hello Summer Dreams



Hello Friends!!!

Welcome to the Use Your Stuff " Sizzle into Summer" blog hop.

 It's time for sunshine, ice cream, shorts and smiles! It's time for fun! The Design team is celebrating summer and is highlighting a bunch of amazing projects with a summer theme and we want you to join us.

Below is the list of all the DT members that have created some inspiration for you. Follow the links and head over to their blogs. You are going to want to visit each one because some of them are offering some blog candy and you want the chance to win as much as you can. Stop by and say hello!

The hop is going to run from Monday June 13th until Saturday June 18th, so you have a week to hop and play along with us.

 You also have a chance to win a great prize from the UYS blog just by linking up your own fun summer project!

UYS will draw a random winner on Sunday June 19th. You can also get an entry by leaving a comment at the UYS Challenge Blog! We hope you enjoy the fun summer scrappy treats we have for you this week! Sending summer sunshine your way! Enjoy the hop!



This is a layout I created using a stash kit I put together for May 2016. The photos are of my sweet grandee Shani.
I used a sketch from Pagemaps  May 2016 to get me started creating on this layout.

Here is a paper sack I had in my kit with a homemade tag, which is where I hid my journaling on.

You can see I also used lots of sequins and the hello is actually a die cut.

Here's the journaling.

Love those striped letters but they are chipboard so I had to add extra adhesive behind them!!

I did some stamping on this bit of 3x4 PP card then added some washi tape and some enamel dots. The arrows are die cut out of scraps.

That little copper circle border behind the photos is a border die that I cut out years ago.

I have 2 goodie bags to give away, both are filled with planner supplies that I have just cleaned out of my overly large supply of planner supplies. Leave only 1 comment here, one comment on the YT video and one comment at the UYS Challenge Blog to be qualified to win one of them...Good Luck!!


Here's a link to the process video I created, yes...I do know that it's title's are upside down and all messed up, I'm really just learning to make narrated process videos. So please be understanding.

I think I fixed the video link.



10 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super sweet layout :) Oh the days of summer :)

Jenna ♥ said...

Such a colourful summer layout!!! Wish you creative week.
Hugs Jenna, DT sister
Jenna's Design

Tammy Cochrane said...

Love the sequins and the little pocket for the tag. Super cute layout!

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW, such a cute layout and I love the hidden journal tag!
I can't watch the video as it won't allow as it says "private":(
Thanks for the chance to win!

MA-MI said...

Great layout ... summer is really the perfect time for lying in the grass and dreaming about the future ...

Hugs, Maja

Jennifer Earley said...

Fantastic LO! Love the sweet photos and the colors, pps, enamel dots and the large letter for the title! Tried watching the video but couldn't :( Said it is private! New follower!

Taunya Butler said...

Julie - your layout looks cool and I think you are very clever with the way you did things on it!! Way to go!!

Amanda Rhodes said...

I love all the sequins and the colors on the patterned paper! I just became a new follower. I tried to watch the YouTube video, but it's blocked, "this video is private" is all I saw.

riliska said...

Love this! Very well done design!

TERESA GREGORY said...

A beautiful layout x