Monday, January 23, 2017

UYS Challenge #248--December 2016


Hello Friends!!

This weeks challenge is to use heat embossing and water coloring on a project. I used those techniques on 3, I made 3 Christmas cards from my December 2016 Christmas Stash kit. The weather didn't agree with my photography efforts today, so I ended up taking a stand up photo along with a photo that is flat to show more of the metallic tones.

The first one I used velum over the area where I used water coloring, I had stamped the Angel in gold ink and covered with clear embossing powder.

I stamped the holly leaves on the envelope of all 3 cards and colored the green dots with a red sharpie pen. On the vellum I added 3 bitty red bling.

I decided to stamp directly on the watercolor area on this card.

The watercolor paint I used was shimmered.

I initially was going to stamp the inside sentiment on the front of this card so I painted the water color a little higher, then changed my mind. I might go back later and add something to that green area, just not sure what yet.

I had to use my heat tool to dry the ink on the vellum.

The inside and the envelope of all 3 cards is exactly the same.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

I hope I inspired you to dig into your stash today and create something unique. We would love to see what you create over at the UYS blog, so head over there and use the link tool to show us.

No comments: